On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 02:59:38 -0400 (EDT), Alexander Lukyanov wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 22:26:00 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the patch worked, for this specific test case.  But I am having
>> a problem connecting to a different server which does not support
>> TLS.  In this case, I'm using lftp interactively instead of via a
>> script.  After issuing the close command, I receive the "221 Goodbye."
>> response from the server, and an lftp command prompt.  But I can't type
>> anything at the prompt.  I type "exit" on the keyboard, but it is not
>> echoed on the screen.  The whole program appears to be hung.  Eventually,
>> after several minutes, I get a "closing idle connection" message and
>> the exit command shows up on the screen, followed by program termination.
>
> I cannot reproduce it. Please use strace on the lftp process, also use
> "pstack PID" on it and send me the output.

I can reproduce the problem if I run the lftp command directly at a
shell prompt, but if I run the lftp command under strace, I cannot
reproduce it.  How aggravating!  Perhaps this is a timing problem, and
running the command under strace introduces just enough delay to eliminate
the problem.  Also, I cannot use pstack because pstack is not available
for the machine architecture that I am running on.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinux...@wowway.com>
 : :'  :