> Specify the passphrase for the key as password for the connection. In the
> example you have provided, you have specified an empty passphrase, thus it
> failed to decrypt the key.
>
> If you don't want to give the passphrase in cleartext, don't specify a
> password in the URL and lftp will ask for a password, type the passphrase
> at the prompt.

Thanks.  Now, is there a way to get lftp to prompt me for the password if
the key needs one, and not prompt me if it doesn't?

As far as I can tell, I can either specify

  open sftp://cyg...@cygwin.com

and always be prompted, or

  open sftp://cygwin:@cygwin.com

and never be prompted.  Is there a way to be prompted if and only if the
key needs to be decrypted?

Andrew