On 29/12/2011 8:18 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
I'm not really a fan of file-wide crc/md5s. I prefer per-frame crc/md5
values, where seeking isn't an issue, but that only works for decoding
tests, not encoding tests...

It -could- work on encoders, if support was added...

Also there's the never-resolved issue of
how to do regression testing on metadata reading... Not to mention
subtitles.

Subtitles shouldn't be too hard to add should they? (Hashing)

I have no idea about metadata, though.

What do you have in mind for encoding tests instead of md5s?

Why can't we use a md5 of the encoded frame(s)?

- Derek