> I'm not really a fan of file-wide crc/md5s. I prefer per-frame crc/md5
> values, where seeking isn't an issue, but that only works for decoding
> tests, not encoding tests... Also there's the never-resolved issue of
> how to do regression testing on metadata reading... Not to mention
> subtitles.
>
> What do you have in mind for encoding tests instead of md5s?

I saw that h264_mp4toannexb_bsf.c has no coverage. (Sure, a Code-In
student might see it, but it seems unlikely they'll know how to test it.)
The code file is small but I have a test that covers about 80% of it.

In this case, the output from 'md5:' does match the MD5 of what gets laid
down on disk as out.mpg (no seeking involved in the write, I guess). But I
don't think we should be afraid of writing files via FATE tests.

Alternatively, we create an internal output target that simulates a file
entirely in memory.

--
    -Mike Melanson