On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 06:41:39PM +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Diego Biurrun <di...@biurrun.de> wrote:

> >> It is already written, so there is no burden.
>
> I concur with Luca, libavutil seems like the proper place for the
> getopt replacement.
>

> > Let me be more explicit then: This patch is rejected.
> >
> >> Libavutil/ sounds ok to me for placement, any other comments (Mans?)
> >> or can I commit it as such? I can also add a new directory called
> >> "libbrokenos/" and place it there if people prefer that.
> >
> > No.
>
> Why? What's the problem with the getopt replacement? Having FATE
> running on a msvc compiler sounds like a worthwile goal for me.
> And replacing the test programs that currently use getopt with
> something that does not seems just ridiculous to me. So what do you
> suggest to achieve the goal instead?

There is no harm in not running fft-test and dct-test as part of fate
on msvc targets IMO.  There are plenty of other tests that exercise
that code.  Furthermore we already have native option parsing code
that we can leverage.

Those tests are simply not essential parts of fate, unlike the code
they test (in isolation).  Just witness how late those tests were
added to the fate framework.

Diego