Luca Barbato <lu_z...@gentoo.org> writes:

> On 07/07/2012 06:59 AM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> They're part of fate.
>>
>> I don't understand the trouble part. I already did all the effort.
>> What more trouble could there possibly be? Is deciding where to put
>> getopt.c too much trouble?
>
> I said already to move it in libavu.

I don't see any reason at all why we should carry this around.  It is
only needed for a few test programs, none of which test anything not
covered elsewhere in fate.  If someone _really_ wants to run these on a
system without getopt(), they can easily supply it themselves.  Those
desiring only to *build* libav on such systems are not affected at all.

--
Måns Rullgård
m...@mansr.com