Hi,

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Derek Buitenhuis
<derek.buitenh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/07/2012 6:09 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> And this is required - why?
>
> Libm / math is not A Thing in MSVC and isn't required.
>
> It complains about -lm, but ignores it.
>
> I think this is mostly to shut up a warning.

Correct. First, link.exe does not use -l<libname> to link in
libraries, it uses lib<name>.lib (similar to how gcc allows you to
specify the full filename of a lib<name>.a static library). Second,
there is no math lib necessary at all.

The problem with this check is that it tries link.exe -lm test.c,
which succeeds while warning that -lm is a non-existing option. From
then on, it keeps inserting -lm everywhere (and thus causes that
warning ad infinitum). I fix that by trying without -lm before using
-lm.

Ronald