On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 10:35:46AM -0400, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> On 09/07/2012 6:17 AM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> > I don't like this one bit.  It makes the code considerably more
> > complicated only to allow running two minor tests on an obscure
> > platform.
> >
> > Just make the tests conditional.
>
> -1
>
> I'd hardly call one of the most (if not the most) widely used
> platforms for Libav "obscure".

MSVC is not the most widely used platform for libav.  It cannot be,
since to date, libav has never worked at all on MSVC.  And while
Windows is still popular on desktop computers, the most widely-used
platform is now Android.

> Not OK with making FFT testing conditional.

Can we please take this step-by-step?  First let's get the thing to
compile.  After that we can work on getting all tests to run.
Conditional compilation will allow the former.  The latter can be
done afterwards or decided in the next trollwar, whatever.  Just
let's please not get hung up with details that do not concern us
immediately.

Diego