On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Luca Barbato <lu_z...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 04:35 PM, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
>> On 09/07/2012 6:17 AM, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>>> I don't like this one bit.  It makes the code considerably more
>>> complicated only to allow running two minor tests on an obscure
>>> platform.
>>>
>>> Just make the tests conditional.

It's a very important test for diagnosing issues that manifest in the
AAC and Vorbis decoders.

>> -1
>>
>> I'd hardly call one of the most (if not the most) widely used
>> platforms for Libav "obscure". Not OK with making FFT testing
>> conditional.

I agree with Derek.

> The supported platform for windows is and will be mingw.

And MSVC will be supported too soon, or should we go ahead and revert
all the MSVC patches that have been applied so far?

> I don't know how you think that giving some kind of support for an
> utterly broken compiler makes it not an obscure platform.

Why does the "brokenness" of the compiler make it "obscure"? It is one
of the most popular and well known compilers out there.

ob·scure adj \äb-ˈskyu̇r, əb-\

Definition of OBSCURE

1
a : dark, dim
b : shrouded in or hidden by darkness
c : not clearly seen or easily distinguished : faint <obscure markings>
2
: not readily understood or clearly expressed; also : mysterious
3
: relatively unknown: as
a : remote, secluded <an obscure village>
b : not prominent or famous <an obscure poet>
4
: constituting the unstressed vowel \ə\ or having unstressed \ə\ as its value
- ob·scure·ly adverb
- ob·scure·ness noun

> That said, since it is an obscure platform having the best test coverage
> could be nice.

--Alex