On 2012-11-21 13:14:34 +0000, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On 2012-11-16 18:14:29 -0800, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > >
> > > So I'm going to have to wonder what happens to the delayed frames already
> > > cached in h->delayed_pics[]? Are they still output?
> >
> > yes, delayed pictures are returned as long as h->delayed_pics[0] is not
> > NULL.
>
> And when you return something from delayed_pics[] instead of the new
> frame that just got decoded, the new frame gets delayed, so that you
> don't ever actually switch to low delay mode?

Since we can't return multiple frames at once we can't switch to low
delay mode once we have delayed pictures. If low delay after switching
from a stream with delayed pictures to a low_delay stream is important
and dropping frames is an option requiring a decoder flush from sounds
reasonable to me.

Janne