Hi,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Janne Grunau <janne-li...@jannau.net>wrote:

> On 2012-11-21 13:14:34 +0000, Loren Merritt wrote:

> already
> > >
> > > yes, delayed pictures are returned as long as h->delayed_pics[0] is not
> > > NULL.
> >
> > And when you return something from delayed_pics[] instead of the new
> > frame that just got decoded, the new frame gets delayed, so that you
> > don't ever actually switch to low delay mode?
>
> Since we can't return multiple frames at once we can't switch to low
> delay mode once we have delayed pictures. If low delay after switching
> from a stream with delayed pictures to a low_delay stream is important
> and dropping frames is an option requiring a decoder flush from sounds
> reasonable to me.

That's one option. We could also simply say that low_delay can't be
re-enabled once disabled, so even though the SPS says we're low-delay, just
ignore it. I don't really have a preference either way, whichever is easier
implementation-wise or whichever you feel is a better representation of
what the end user of a non-fuzzed bitstream likely wanted to happen. (In
practice, this probably never happens anyway?)

Ronald