On 2012-11-23 18:36:45 +0000, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Alex Converse <alex.conve...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Hendrik Leppkes <h.lepp...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> I have a sample which only has a proper timeline when sample_duration
> >> is negative, and thus is required to be signed.
> >> I vote for fixing the logic that trips your assert, and not break this
> >> file.
> >>
> >> In case you are interested:
> >> http://files.1f0.de/samples/mp4-negative-stts-problem.mp4
> >>
> >> Admitedly, this file is not spec compliant, but breaking it seems like
> >> something that can be avoided.
> >>
> > I've run into files like this as well.
>
> How do you sanely interpret a negative count or duration?

Maybe something to generate negative timestamps to account for encoder
delay.

The assert can be fixed by ensuring that st->duration doesn't get
negative. The total duration will be wrong for files with negative
count xor duration. The addition would need an abs() if we want to
handle negative values.

Janne