On 12/11/12 5:56 AM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
From: "Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbul...@gmail.com>

Move some functions from dsputil. The idea is that videodsp contains
functions that are useful for a large and varied set of video decoders.
Currently, it contains emulated_edge_mc() and prefetch(). This allows
vp8.c to be compiled without dsputil. Given the very limited depedency
of vp3 and vp56 on dsputil, it's not unthinkable that these could - at
some point - be made to compile without dsputil also.

I like the approach, I guess an audiodsp might follow with the set of functions commonly used for our audio codecs and so on.

lu