On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Diego Biurrun <di...@biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 05:26:32PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 08:19:55AM -0700, Timothy Gu wrote:
>> >
>> > http://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-devel/2014-August/062391.html:
>> > the first more important point was not considered in the only reply to
>> > the post
>>
>> This patch was not pushed yet and subsequent patches take the issue into
>> account.
>
> IOW, I consider a patch a reply, I don't see a need to additionally reply
> by email after a reply by patch has been made already.

There are no updated patch, nor any patch-dropped notice on the mailing list.

> There was also
> some IRC discussion on how to improve that specific FATE test and, IIRC,
> Clément was involved.

I am aware of that.

>> > http://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-devel/2013-November/053158.html:
>> > the VP9 decoder was pushed without addressing the original author's
>> > concern.
>>

>> That was not a review and this VP9 story was preceded by the HEVC story.

Anton, nor any other Libav devs complained about Michael taking the
HEVC patch to FFmpeg-devel, at least not on mailing list.

> The remark you mention there was not a review, but rather a complaint that
> the submitted patch was not easy enough to diff against the FFmpeg version.
> Cleanup by other contributors from libav was squashed in order to have a
> clean version in the history and for review on the ml.  I and others
> gladly rescinded any specific authorship attribution for that.

Sure, but you guys still ignored that complaint. I understand the
rationale behind squashing, but not replying is not nice IMO.

Another more recent one:
http://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-devel/2014-August/062810.html

Timothy