On 27/11/14 20:29, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
Removing THE STANDARD test image, used ONLY in regression
testing because it doesn't meet an arbitrary *binary* distro's "free"
guidelines, is a load of crap. I would tell the Freedom Enforcement Squad
to kindly go forth and procreate. But that's me.

Sure, I agree that is really doing something extreme to please some people that usually do not even thanks you for the effort.

BUT, to the letter of the law they are right (and moving lena.pnm to another place is not changing it).

So, alternatively we can nicely ask playboy if they are ok with that, hammer Debian with the fair use definition across countries or just replace an image with another image.

And I already noticed that somebody pointed out that according some other vocal minority it is not liked to begin with.

So I'm not against replacing it with something that shouldn't cause any problem to those valued users and distributors.

I'm not ok in moving it to the fate repository since it is just postponing this sort of discussion again.

To sum up:

- We can replace the image easily and have some people happier.
- We should really provide a fair use statement regarding our fate samples.
- We might just contact Playboy and see which is their answer for some peace of mind.

lu