On 08/08/15 13:30, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
> I'm curious how this --enable-future trigger should work.
> Do you have ideas already?

Basically in avconfig.h you get a #define LIBAV_FUTURE 1 / 0

The value is added in the version computations everywhere.

So you have your normal version + future to compute what to hide.

Ideally one can do --enable-feature=2 to get two steps further and so on.

The only part I'd like further attention and eyes is decided to make the
soversion odd for interim/future builds and have the stable api always
use the even soversion to make sure builds using future do not get
mismatched as the current release.

lu