On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:34:29PM +0100, Sven Dueking wrote:

> > renaming
> > option.

> > be
> > backed
> > >
> > > Haivison calls the packet OpenSRT and I think that´s a good idea to
> > > avoid any conflicts with SRT (subtitle).
> >
> > Umm, no?
> >
> > libav@libav-fate:/tmp$ git clone git://github.com/Haivision/srt Cloning
> > into 'srt'...
> > remote: Counting objects: 1565, done.
> > remote: Compressing objects: 100% (34/34), done.
> > remote: Total 1565 (delta 15), reused 16 (delta 8), pack-reused 1523
> > Receiving objects: 100% (1565/1565), 1.80 MiB | 1.44 MiB/s, done.
> > Resolving deltas: 100% (1042/1042), done.
> > libav@libav-fate:/tmp$ cd srt/
> > libav@libav-fate:/tmp/srt$ git grep -i "opensrt"
> > libav@libav-fate:/tmp/srt$ git grep -i "open srt"
> > libav@libav-fate:/tmp/srt$
> >
> > The library calls itself libsrt, the namespace prefix for API functions
> > it uses is "srt_". Following that naming scheme on our side makes
> > sense, let's just drop the "open" from file names, protocol names, and
> > function names. We do that for all other, similar, external libraries.
>
> We will change the name back to opensrt in all places.

Thus completely breaking backwards compatibility and API? Then we should
wait with this wrapper until that change in libsrt is done.

Notice that protocols and (subtitle) demuxers live in different namespaces.
There is no conflict between an "srt" protocol (should be "libsrt" in this
case) and an "srt" demuxer.

Diego