Dear FFMPEG Community,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Minxin Lai, a graduate student
working on system optimization. I am currently exploring the FFMPEG tool for my
work and have a specific question regarding motion vectors.

I recently came across a project on GitHub, specifically the mv-extractor tool
(https://github.com/LukasBommes/mv-extractor), and I noticed that there is an
issue reported that aligns with a challenge I am facing. The issue can be found
at: https://github.com/LukasBommes/mv-extractor/issues/2

The problem I am encountering is similar to what is described in this issue. It
seems that the tool decodes the entire video frame, and I am interested in
retrieving motion vectors without the need for full frame decoding to reduce
CPU usage.

I understand from the issue discussion that there might be a possibility to
modify the tool to achieve this goal, but I am not familiar with the necessary
changes in the code. As someone who is not an expert in C++, I am reaching out
to seek guidance on potential solutions or alternative approaches to address
this issue.

If you have any insights on how I could modify the tool or if there are
specific resources I should refer to for a better understanding, I would
greatly appreciate your assistance. Your expertise in this area would be
invaluable for my research.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to any guidance you
can provide.

Best regards,

Minxin Lai

University of Chinese Academy of Sciences