Hi!

I am trying to reuse a single AVCodecContext to decode several, unrelated, buffers of audio, as I am working software that receives many parallel streams. Between each call I call avcodec_flush_buffers() on the decoder, and this seems to work fine.

But for E-AC-3 (AV_CODEC_ID_EAC3), there seems to be some lingering state. Even when I try to loop the decoding code over the same clip twice (in a new AVFormatContext), calling avcodec_flush_buffers() between the reads, the output is different on the second run compared to the first one.

Am I misunderstaning the API here, or is this a bug in the E-AC-3 decoder?

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/