Mike Rylander writes:
 >       [UPDATE]    While my coworker was investigating the problem
 > described above further, I've developed (and attached) a patch to
 > dbd_helper.c to parse ISO8601 timezone offsets inside
 > _dbd_parse_datetime() if they happen to occur.  I use Postgres as my
 > main database, and this allows me to use TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE
 > columns and get the correct date and time out, without having to
 > mangle the timezone on the system (or inside the database) to assume
 > UTC.  It is untested with other databases, but it's fairly protective,
 > looking for specific timezone markers, and should be able to handle
 > any standard ISO timezone offset.

While the supplied patch appears to work ok for TIMESTAMP WITH TIME
ZONE columns, I had a problem with TIME WITH TIME ZONE columns. Turns
out that the pgsql driver did not handle this column type
correctly. I've fixed this here, but I'll run a few more tests to make
sure all is fine now. I guess I'll be able to check in the changes
tomorrow.

regards,
Markus

--