> I would be the first person to complain if someone's free-speech was
> taken away, however, if Adams has said anything defamatory in his
> Twitter stream, then he is still bound by "real world" laws.

Which "laws" are enforced here? A private complaint from a news provider
and terms of service based termination of a super-dominant
micro-messaging service. Dangerous development. But here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9440137/London-Olympics-2012-Twitter-alerted-NBC-to-British-journalists-critical-tweets.html
"Twitter employees alerted NBC staff to a British journalist’s tweets
and showed them how to file a complaint against him, the television
network has revealed""

I was made aware certain Olympic athlets have been sanctioned for
inappropriate tweets.
http://z6mag.com/sports/papachristou-and-michel-morganella-racist-tweets-gets-them-expelled-from-olympic-games-1612953.html

And then there is the Tom Daley tweet police:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9440235/Police-investigate-Tom-Daley-Twitter-troll.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tom-daley-17-year-old-boy-arrested-1192492
"Daley retweeted a message from user Rileyy69 which said: "You let your
dad down i hope you know that." ... Dorset Police confirmed it was
investigating the incident."

-- A

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above)
next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in
monthly reminders. You may ask for a reminder here: