Thanks Eric.  I'll keep my eyes open for an announcement.  As much, I wonder
who may be attending the workshop later this month in Brussels?  jill

From: liberationtech-boun...@lists.stanford.edu
[mailto:liberationtech-boun...@lists.stanford.edu] On Behalf Of Eric S Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:04 PM
To: 'liberationtech'
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] No Disconnect

Hi Jill,

"No Disconnect Strategy" is the name for the EC's internet freedom grants
program (mentioned by Commissioner Kroes at the December 2011 Freedom Online
conference in Den Haag). This summer the "invitation to submit concept notes"
was issued in June, deadline mid-July. The EUR3M invitation was "lot three" of
the more-or-less annual EIDHR call for proposals. If I had to guess, I would
suppose the ratio will be something like it was for DRL-~30% of the concept
notes are invited to submit full proposals, and ~30% of those get funded. I
think the first cut will be announced shortly.

Best,
Eric
PGP<http://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0xE0F58E0F1AF7E6F2>