https://bitly.com/pages/privacy

"Metrics and Analytics:

Bitly collects information about accesses (such as clicks) of every
shortened URL created through the Services. This information includes,
but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the
devices accessing the shortened URL; (ii) the referring websites or
services; (iii) the time and date of each access; and (iv) information
about sharing of the shortened URL on Third Party Services such as
Twitter and Facebook. These metrics and analytics are used by Bitly
and its partners to improve their websites and services by, for
example, providing value-added features."

Surely it would be better to chose a service that retains as little
metrics and analytics as possible?