It looks like there is squat in the EXIF data (nothing that I could find
anyway).

I remember from depths of memory that Twitter, or possibly some Twitter
clients, strips EXIF data from photos when they are uploaded.

$ exiftool A9C2RWPCcAAbpvQ.jpg_large.jpg
ExifTool Version Number         : 8.99
File Name                       : A9C2RWPCcAAbpvQ.jpg_large.jpg
Directory                       : .
File Size                       : 44 kB
File Modification Date/Time     : 2012:12:01 20:37:20+00:00  [ <- The date and
time I downloaded the image]
File Permissions                : rw-r--r--
File Type                       : JPEG
MIME Type                       : image/jpeg
JFIF Version                    : 1.01
Resolution Unit                 : inches
X Resolution                    : 72
Y Resolution                    : 72
Image Width                     : 530
Image Height                    : 720
Encoding Process                : Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample                 : 8
Color Components                : 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling            : YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
Image Size                      : 530x720

Bernard

On 1 Dec 2012, at 20:34, Jillian C. York wrote:

> Can anyone pull the exif data from the photo?  I'm not having any luck, but
> I'm an amateur.
>
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Douglas Lucas <d...@riseup.net> wrote:
> If anyone can get the name of the office or location, or specific names
> of Syrian authorities involved, I might be able to do something with that.
>
> Douglas
> Email/PGP: d...@riseup.net 880B7171.
>
> On 12/01/2012 01:36 PM, Bernard Tyers wrote:
> > About the photo: is there any idea where that photo was taken, and what
> > date? Is it possible to get photos of the back of the rack?
> >
> > To me the location for that kit looks strange. The surrounding look like
> > an office, however that equipment would not be suitable for general
> > office surroundings.
> >
> > That is indeed an SG9000.
> >
> > This is purely personal opinion and I could be mistaken but the
> > equipment in the rack beside the 9000 has some physical features of some
> > ZTE kit.
> >
> > Based on searches ZTE have in the past hired for telecoms engineers and
> > account managers for clients in Damascus.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Bernard
> >

> > Rafal Rohozinski <r.rohozin...@psiphon.ca> wrote:
> >
> > This pic has just been posted on twitter.  It was picked up by the
> > Secdev Syria Operation Group. It is allegeldy a picture of internet
> > censorship hardware taken inside a telecom hub (exchange) in
> > Damascus, http://twitter.com/AmaraaBaghdad/status/274919986399703040/photo/1
> >
> > It looks like the ProxySG 9000 ( http://www.bluecoat.com/products/proxysg)
> >
> > Rafal
> >

> > --

> US: +1-857-891-4244 | NL: +31-657086088
> site:  jilliancyork.com | twitter: @jilliancyork
>
> "We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the
> seemingly impossible to become a reality" - Vaclav Havel

Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb

IO91XM / www.ei8fdb.org