On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM, John Adams <j...@retina.net> wrote:

> I work there. Read the damn TOS.  Twitter -does not- censor or meditate
> content.
>
> https://support.twitter.com/articles/15794-abusive-behavior
>
> and
>
> https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules
>
> Neither pages refer to the case where I've already tweeted something and
it got flagged.
I don't get informed when something was taken down, or have web interface
for finding out WHETHER a tweet was taken.
Even Youtube (not exactly "good guys" in my book) has all that, as well as
an explanation WHY something was taken down and GUI to contest the decision.

> It's a serious affront to all the work we've done to enable people to
> freely communicate, and the number of times that we've gone to bat for
> users,  to make posts like these.

That wasn't my intention, and I'm sorry if you were offended.
Nevertheless, as a black-box, twitter can't be distinguished from a
censored system (except for the TOS, of course) and if you don't add [at
least some of] the usability I mention above, you are still "guilty" of not
being able to prove you adhere to the TOS.

This is dangerous because no matter how nice you and your colleagues are,
this lack of transparency creates an implied power structure, nature abhors
vacuum, yada yada. You - as a person - are replaceable (best case scenario,
you'll retire when you get old).

Once again, no offense meant.

Peace,
The Dod