Mega is using server-side Javascript for crypto, so you're trusting them
just like you'd trust Dropbox.

Other people have reported issues with their implementation, including
using weak randomness. I skimmed through their implementation and found
some portions that indicate they don't know what they're doing,
specifically how they're handling authenticated encryption.

I wouldn't use Mega in it's current form.