Hi there,

Are there any guides that tell me how to make a new computer secure, for both
use and connecting and communicating via the net?

My set up is as follows:

- Macbook Pro, running Mac OS 10.6.8

My requirements are as follows:

- I am almost always connected to the net, and need fast access, and full
web-browsing experience
- I'd like to block apps from sending out / receiving data from the net
- I'd like a secure cloud storage space for my own stuff and occasionally share
with others
- My workplace is Microsoft-based we have email via IMAP. I'd like to have the
option to send encrypted (PGP) emails to others.
- I'd like to secure the email that's stored on my laptop. I'd like to use
Apple Mail as my client.
- I travel often, and I'd prefer not to have my data fall in to the wrong hands.

- I am not a geek, but can install my own applications and if guided properly
can do terminal stuff

---

Any feedback or direction appreciated.

Best, Sam :-)