I agree that the petition itself is controversial. The proposal is unlikely
to be realized. Gathering a lot of signatures will help bring attention to
the problem though. I would encourage people to sign it for that reason.

Martin Johnson
Founder
https://GreatFire.org - Monitoring Online Censorship In China.
https://FreeWeibo.com - Uncensored, Anonymous Sina Weibo Search.