On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Christopher Soghoian <ch...@soghoian.net>wrote:

> What I resent though, is Nadim's repeated, malicious attempts to drag my
> name through the mud, simply because I will not join his witch hunt against
> Silent Circle. Since he cannot find a single example of me saying anything
> false in the handful of interviews I have given to journalists writing
> about this company, instead he criticizes me for not throwing rocks at Phil
> Zimmermann.

This is not at all what I am asking for. When the press mentioned my own
project, Cryptocat, as a tool for activists, you threw every rock at your
disposal both at the media and at my work, even though I had made every
effort to label the limitations of my software and to release all source
code, and even to correct the false claims made by the media.

However, when the media calls Silent Circle "unbreakable," and when Silent
Circle posts those articles on their websites without releasing any source
code, and then market their products towards activists, you in fact
continue to speak in articles about them and compliment them. You cannot
deny the double standard that you are instituting here, Chris. You have
absolutely attacked projects that have been hyped in the media, even when
they had good policies and even when they were open source. You are
exercising a double standard. Stop denying it.