Since "HAM" (amateur radio) is real radio, not phone, an Android app wouldn't
use it directly. The app might -control- an amateur radio remotely, and there
is software available to do this. However, I'm not sure what benefit it would
bring to this project.

In the US, amateur radio operators must send all information in "clear text,"
and encryption is illegal, thus you would not want to try to exchange medical
info because you'd need to encrypt it. In other countries it -should- be
illegal to transmit medical info in the clear, so I'd suggest avoiding this.

Also, "high frequency" amateur radio doesn't have sufficient bandwidth to
transfer much digital information. VHF/UHF does in theory, but in general
amateur radio operators restrict their bandwidth and the maximum usable
transfer rate is under 9600 baud. i.e. very slow.

-Sky  AA6AX

Sky (Jim Schuyler, PhD)
-We work backstage so you can be the star
Blog: http://blog.red7.com/
Phone: +1.415.759.7337
PGP Keys: http://web.red7.com/pgp