Nadim's reply is much better just linking to the otr.js author's own warning.

I'd like to reiterate the importance of code delivery. I've seen a
couple dozen of attempts to do crypto via server-hosted Javascript.
All of these reduced to trusting whomever is serving the code. This
issues have been covered many times, most prominently by Matasano
Security: http://www.matasano.com/articles/javascript-cryptography/

Anthony, it sounds like you're aware of the issues and planning to
develop code that will be installed and executed on the client, i.e. a
plugin for Thunderbird chat.