On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 08:21:40PM -0400, Catherine Roy wrote:
> On 10/06/2013 7:37 PM, Travis McCrea wrote:
> >Opera is being released now on Webkit, though I am sure you will still have
> >legacy opera users... I think you could put this issue a little further down
> >on your list.
>
> I guess using Cryptocat will also be further down my list.

You will find that proprietary systems will receive less (frequently
none) support. This is due to difficulties developing for proprietary
systems, but also due to effective impossibility to varify
security of proprietary systems. So open source is at a distinct
advantage here.

For an end user interested in secure communication it is always a
good idea to pick the most supported platform. In case of browsers,
that will be Firefox and Chromium (not Chrome), in that order of
precedence.

In general, browsers have giant vulnerability surfaces, and should
not be used for anything serious. A little security is a dangerous thing.