On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 06:05:47AM -0700, Brian Conley wrote:

> Until you become a nuisance, at which point the state just requests
> cancelation/blocking/surveillance of your single static IP address?

There are alternative ways to circumvent that (e.g. look at
Retroshare, which does not need installations on a server, but
will not support email to users outside of the Retroshare network).

But, we were talking about good old email.

> I'm asking, because I'm not clueful on this issue and interested to hear
> more as you and rich are touting this as all being very easy, which seems
> unlikely...

It depends on whether there are technical users in your organisation,
or you can get outside support. I think there would be value in
creating a support portal where vetted volunteers would be matched
to end users and organisations looking for support.

I notice I did not receive answers to my questions yet, so
there's little point in digging into all possible branches.

(One scenario: in case of end user hosted email, I personally would look
into a cheap VMWare box (e.g. HP Microserver, booting free
ESXi from the internal USB stick) and deploy a virtual image,
e.g. Zimbra -- perhaps someone should look into packaging
http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/os-downloads.html
into a free VMWare appliance that is easy to deploy even for novice
users -- yes, this still will need support, but much less so).