Minor piece of feedback:

Why StartPage as default search engine?  They employ safe search by
default.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Nadim Kobeissi <na...@nadim.cc> wrote:

> On 2013-06-24, at 3:43 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <ja...@appelbaum.net> wrote:
>
> > Brian Conley:
> >> Thanks Dragana,
> >>
> >> But wouldn't that mean there is no new browser bundle for recent macs as
> >> only 32 is specified at Jacob's link?
> >
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > So a few things - one is that if you go into "About this mac" you should
> > see a system profiler link or a "details" button of some sort. This
> > should allow you to see the details of the hardware. You may also find
> > this system profiler application by searching with spotlight, I think it
> > is in /Applications/Utilities/ - or something similar.
> >
> > Next up - if you have a 64bit mac, I think you can run 32bit mac os x
> > programs without any issues at all. Thus if you download the
> > TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip file and verify it:
> >

> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/tbb-3.0alpha1-builds/official/TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip
>
> Yup, works on my 64-bit Mac just fine. Should work for you too, Brian.
>
> NK
>

> > Verify it by checking the signature of the hash list and then ensure
> > that the hash for your TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip file
> > matches:
> >

> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/tbb-3.0alpha1-builds/official/sha256sum.txt.asc
> >
> https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/tbb-3.0alpha1-builds/official/sha256sum.txt
> >
> > In the case of the OS X build for the English speaking audience, you
> > should see a sha256sum of:
> >
> > c141e2db01a395bdd480357b1b808691f2a61f4d12e9039806fe0ac538d2e38d
> > TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip
> >
> > If you download it to your downloads file, I believe on OS X you can see
> > the hash by opening Terminal.app, change to the Downloads directory and
> > then run the sha256sum command or the openssl command to verify the hash:
> >
> >  cd ~/Downloads
> >  sha256sum TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip
> >
> > Or if that doesn't work, I believe you can just type the following:
> >
> >  openssl dgst -sha256
> > ~/Downloads/TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip
> >
> > The output should look like this:
> >
> > SHA256(/Users/x/Downloads/TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip)=
> > c141e2db01a395bdd480357b1b808691f2a61f4d12e9039806fe0ac538d2e38d
> >
> > Once you have verified that these match the expected value, open the
> > .zip file:
> >
> >   open ~/Downloads/TorBrowserBundle-3.0-alpha-1-osx32_en-US.zip
> >
> > Extract the TBB folder into /Applications/ for example.
> >
> > Now run it with the Finder as you would any other application.
> >
> > All the best,
> > Jacob
> >
> > P.S.
> >
> > Please upgrade your Mac OS X version; I would not suggest running
> > anything less than 10.8.x if I had a desire to stay safe. Apple tends to
> > treat older OS X versions differently than the most current version of
> > the OS.

> [...]

US: +1-857-891-4244 | NL: +31-657086088
site:  jilliancyork.com <http://jilliancyork.com/>* | *
twitter: @jilliancyork* *

"We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the
seemingly impossible to become a reality" - *Vaclav Havel*