Hi Jacob,

This is great news, do you know when the new version available for download
on torproject.org?

Also, I'm not sure how I know whether I'm running 32 or 64 bit OSX 10.6,
since it doesn't tell me in the "About this Mac."

While I can certainly figure that out, I'm not sure how many users will be
able to solve this issue, much less be aware it is an issue(I only
recently(2 years back?) realized it exists on Windows, much less Mac). Any
thoughts about this, besides trial and error?

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Masayuki Hatta <mha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now the new TBB works nicely for me, and I love it.  One regret is UI
> messages are not translated into Japanese...actually, the messages seems to
> be already translated(
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/torproject/language/ja/), but
> somehow it doesn't show up (messages in the installer is translated, btw).
> Is there anything I can help?
>
> Best regards,
> MH
>

> 2013/6/17 Jacob Appelbaum <ja...@appelbaum.net>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm really excited to say that Tor Browser has had some really important
>> changes. Mike Perry has really outdone himself - from deterministic
>> builds that allow us to verify that he is honest to actually having
>> serious usability improvements. I really mean it - the new TBB is
>> actually awesome. It is blazing fast, it no longer has the sometimes
>> confusing Vidalia UI, it is now fast to start, it now has a really nice
>> splash screen, it has a setup wizard - you name it - nearly everything
>> that people found difficult has been removed, replaced or improved.
>> Hooray for Mike Perry and all that helped him!
>>
>> Here is Mike's email:
>>
>>  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-June/028440.html
>>
>> Here is the place to download it:
>>
>>  https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/tbb-3.0alpha1-builds/official/
>>
>> Please test it and please please tell us how we might improve it!
>>
>> All the best,
>> Jacob
>> --

> Masayuki Hatta
> Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Surugadai
> University, Japan
>
> http://about.me/mhatta
>
> mha...@gnu.org  / mha...@debian.org / mha...@opensource.jp /
> hatta.masay...@surugadai.ac.jp