The reason why Twitter, Google, and other companies went to RC4 is because
of issues with AES. The CBC and known IV attacks permitted BEAST to occur.
RC4 was the safest way out.

Even then, RC4 can be broken. In short, no one on the Internet is running
SSL in a way that cannot be broken. Although, we have to be careful about
use of the word 'broken' here. Broken means: There is a known attack
against the cipher, which, given enough time, may work against your target.

https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2013/03/19/rc4-in-tls-is-broken-now-what

As an industry, we need to move to AES/GCM and TLS1.2 as soon as possible,
but, for many people, the current level of security is adequate.

-j