I'm sorry but aren't we spending a lot of time conflating code
quality, secure coding practices, software distribution, .. with
~JavaScript in a browser~?

There are alternate pathways, signed and delivered as a Dashboard
widget via the Apple App Store for example.

I'm not proposing ~that~ as *wipes hands* and we're done. I'm just
saying if you think the tool is useful and JavaScript is currently
dominating a lot of areas (Gnome's shift is another place) - isn't it
prudent to start developing the bullet list of how to make JavaScript
applications acceptable for these tasks?

Also - didn't Fabio and OpenPGPjs folks put a lot of time into
consolidating and suggesting defensible JavaScript practices in
various environments on various devices?

Also also - there was a conjecture made that "The code signing system
could require the signature of more than one entity. For example, it
could require a signature from the web site owner as well as
signatures from any number of reputable security auditing companies
and security researchers." - but I'm not sure how this would work in
operations practice. Thoughts on that? (Source:
https://defuse.ca/web-browser-javascript-cryptography.htm)

Anyhow, I'm not suggesting I like the nature of the project or any of
this is a good idea - but a lot of the criticisms seem to hold
~everywhere~ with bad practice and not JavaScript itself. So I'm
curious.. -Ali