Hi Guido,

This looks very interesting, but I have trouble understanding it. Can you
give me a sample URL where this is being shown in action?

Many thanks.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Guido Witmond <gu...@witmond.nl> wrote:

> Dear professor Ruiz.
>

> The real issue is to create an *easy* way to do hash validation
> correctly. Reading a hash on youtube is not going to make it.
>
> You use HTTPS without DNSSEC and DANE. Please use those first. It solves
> a lot of your server validation issues. At least it allows your users'
> browsers to validate code44.com.
>
> I repeat: Hashes are for computers, not for people.
>

> Plugging my own warez: I believe I've come up with a way to do DNSSEC
> and DANE in combination with a certificate repository. It allows the
> browser to validate the authenticity of a server certificate.
>
> When validated it can be sure that the javascript found at a page is
> indeed that what the page-author wanted. Please see:
>
> http://eccentric-authentication.org/blog/2013/03/23/Cryptographic-same-origin-policy.html
>

> And please ask if anything is unclear. I love to receive comments on
> where I'm right or wrong.
>
> Regards, Guido.
>

> --
> Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
> Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated:

Francisco Ruiz
Associate Professor
MMAE department
Illinois Institute of Technology

PL13lok=WsH3zTgZn8V3hnIqjdbfPus+5YF5n+LBRPuH9USMMp8izPv+hsLoZKv+jaCFMapJFfiA11Q9yJU1K1Wo0TbjXK/=PL13lok

get the PassLok privacy app at: http://passlok.com