On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 21:08:08 PM -0700, Tony Arcieri wrote:

> The first thing that came to mind reading your response to "What about those
> other projects?" was Camlistore:
>
> http://camlistore.org/

Tony,

Thanks for the pointer. Camlistore may be one of the components of the
percloud, but it's far from being an alternative. percloud (see the
slideshow in the home page) would be online storage + social
networking + email and some other stuff.  This, instead, is what the
Camlistore overview says:

> At least, it would be nice if we had a reliable backup of all our
> content. Once we have all our content, it's then nice to search it,
> view it, and directly serve it or share it out to others (public or
> with select ACLs), regardless of the original host's policies.
> Camlistore is a system to do all that.

             Marco
--

M. Fioretti http://mfioretti.com                   http://stop.zona-m.net