Jonathan Wilkes:
>      Before I write anything else: Is the BigFix client free software?
> Couldn't figure it out from a quick look at the website.

I also couldn't find confirmation it's Free Software. And the default in
our world is being copyrighted, proprietary.

In conclusion, Stanford "liberationtech" is promoting proprietary software?

What are the chances, that IBM - as an US company - isn't or won't soon
be subverted by NSA backdoor, now that we know from news how NSA
infiltrated other proprietary software?

Is this just a draconian enforcement of someone not aware or not caring
about Free Software / "liberationtech" or are stronger mechanisms (ex:
national security letter) at play here?