This whole Stanford "security" policy featuring "full scans of everything"
reeks of NSA+PATRIOT act crap & stupidity, all in the same cocktail. It is
SHAMEFUL using PII as an excuse - did the corporatized university
bureaucrats assigned to Stanford consult with its Computer Science
department? Because even the Wikipedia entry for "PII" mentions that, in
this "late anthropocenic era" of TMI, with its Internet and social
metworks, there are a zillion other ways to get that info without access to
PII, & I'm pretty sure IBM's sw doesn't detect that ! I just cannot believe
it. Back to MIT I guess.. oh wait! MIT was the one institution whose
inaction in defense of free speech and academic freedom was a significant
contributing factor in the chain of events leading to the unfortunate
suicide of that good fellow that took back to the general public digital
truckloads of scientific papers, most probably paid for by our tax dollars
to begin with..