Hello liberationtech!

Mozilla Festival 2015 is now open for submissions!

Now in its sixth year, MozFest is a *magical experience*for you to *grow as a leader by teaching*your community how to *read, write and participate on the web safely.*

At this *highly participatory and inclusive*festival, we bring together *networks and community leaders*working towards *universal web literacy*to share practices, tools and experiences to *better serve our communities and hone our facilitative craft.*

MozFest is a collection of participatory experiences, and we'd like you to get involved in hosting one!

The Mozilla Festival will take place from *November 6 - 8 in Ravensbourne College in London. *This year we're focusing on *leadership development, advocacy and impact*for the communities we serve.

In support of that, we're also keen to see sessions that explore these topics:

 * Privacy and the web

 * Ethics of the web

 * Web literacy

 * Economy of the web

 * Inclusion and the web

 * Environment and the web

 * Future web now

 * Place and the web

The call for proposals is open, and we would love if you considered submitting an idea. The deadline is August 31 21:00 UTC

Propose a session : https://2015.mozillafestival.org/proposals

We especially encourage facilitators who are traditionally excluded or marginalized at events because of their gender, race, class, age, abilities or anything else. We believe everyone has something to teach, and we welcome you to get involved with MozFest.

Can't wait to see what you propose!

Spike
(Volunteer Co-ordinator)