On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 08:27:39PM -0800, Yosem Companys wrote:
Well, I was thinking that this list would be for discussion. The other for
the sharing and discussing of news articles. Not every discussion is
initiated by news articles on this list.

Also, if you look at our Twitter stream, we often send tweets every 10
minutes a day, so it provide those who do not want to use Twitter to see a
review of the day's news right in their mailbox.

We could take a vote, but I rather let others share their ideas and
concerns before we do so.

My take on this:

- I'd rather have two mailing lists only: one for discussions (all type of discussions) and one for announcements. If everything goes into the same list, at least have the announcements clearly tagged so they can be easily filtered. - An e-mail with news every 10 minutes may be too much. Wouldn't it be better to have a daily news digest of some sort? Then anyone could start a discussion based on it.

My 2 cents.

JMM.