On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 08:34:45AM -0500, José María Mateos wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 08:27:39PM -0800, Yosem Companys wrote:
> >Well, I was thinking that this list would be for discussion. The other for
> >the sharing and discussing of news articles. Not every discussion is
> >initiated by news articles on this list.

Most conversations are triggered by news, however.
I'm actually fine with the way it is. News is
usually what started as a new thread, so I don't
have difficulty distinguishing the two.

> - I'd rather have two mailing lists only: one for discussions (all
> type   of discussions) and one for announcements. If everything goes
> into the   same list, at least have the announcements clearly tagged
> so they can   be easily filtered.

Okay, but please start with a clone of the subscriptions
so we don't have to manually subscribe both to recreate
the status quo.

Also, please put an automatic Reply-To: in the announcements
that leads to the discussion list. I personally would still
merge both streams into the same folder because I find it
interesting whenever libtech people have a comment to add to
a piece of news.

>    - An e-mail with news every 10 minutes may be too much. Wouldn't
> it be   better to have a daily news digest of some sort? Then anyone
> could   start a discussion based on it.

I guess most of us absorb the "news" by just grasping what
the subject line says, then decide what is worth digging
into. A digest format would impede that kind of fast absorption.
Anyone who prefers digests can still choose the digest feature
of the mailing list software... right?

> My 2 cents.

+2

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/