Signore Camozzo hit the nail on the head, twice. So then I have to draw the
proper conclusion...

1. We need concerted action to set non-proprietary communication standards at
the application level, much like the TCP-IP Protocols did for the lower layer(s)

2. This action HAS to be POLITICAL, since it's not just a matter of devising
technical standards, but to have them ADOPTED by the majority. We need the 75%
of his email correspondents to not use proprietary email platforms (and so
forth and so on, and including me and this email itself!)

Ergo, it is at best naive trying to separate "Technology" from "Politics:" all
Technology is Political, and ignoring this only rubber stamps the technology of
the proprietary powers that be.

Not by chance it's Technology companies at the top of the "most valuable
company of the world" food chain: Google and Apple. If that's not a political
statement, then what is? Where is "the swamp?"

Regards | Saludos,

Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes
<a...@acm.org>