I was a New York City Taxi Driver for a few years and taxi drivers are
required by the Rules of the New York City Taxi and Limousine
Commission to pick up anybody and take them where they want to go.

Refusal can result in a suspension or revocation of a taxi drivers
license. There are lots of under cover agents out on the street trying
to catch drivers refusing to pick them up. Some under cover agents
even dress like bums, prostitutes, derelicts, or blind men to trick
the taxi driver into refusing them so that they can take their license
on the spot.

As a result, any time a prostitute hailed my cab or a male passenger
used my cab to pick up a prostitute, I was required by law to do
whatever the customer said.

As a result, I became aware that the standard rate for a good looking
white street prostitute was $400 for the real thing or $300 just for a
blow job. This was more than ten years ago and I am sure that the rate
has gone up since then.

However, in her book, "The Midnight Madam" by Kristin Davis that I
have been reading, she was able to charge as much as $6,000 for just
an hour with one of her girls.

I have little doubt that there are some skaggy three dollar
prostitutes still out there but Chris Edes seems to know more about
that end of the business than I do.

Sam Sloan

Sincerely,
Sam Sloan