WELCOME TO THE  REVOLUTION

2010 WILL BE A VERY  IMPORTANT YEAR FOR THE
LIBERTARIAN PARTY IN  FLORIDA

2010 Libertarian Party Of  Florida Convention - Panama City

The LPF - 2010 convention is now over. We made very few changes in the
By-Laws, certainly nothing earth shattering. The only thing that was half way
exciting was my resolution for Florida to withdraw from the Libertarian
Party -  U. S.

When I made my motion there were several “What the Hell’s” and then
silence. As I explained my motion and a desire for such things became very
clear
to most. Florida adopted the 2004 National Platform as its State Platform
in  early 2009. Florida likes the 2004 Platform and considers it the last
Libertarian Platform.

With the surprise moves by the National Convention about the Platform
Committee in 2006 and their raping of what was left of the platform in 2008,
The
 continued bastardization of that article in 2010 is no surprise.

We had a long discussion of what was happening with impute by Geoff Scott
we decided it would be a good idea but further decided that it may harm our
2010  candidates (Including Me) in the up coming elections.
We tabled the motion  until the 2011 convention and from the feelings of
the 2010 convention we will  no longer be members of  the Libertarian Party -
US if the reform caucus  has their way or if W.A.R. Is elected to anything
to do with the national  committee.

Our Banquet Speaker was once again Dr. Randal Holcome and was well received
 and presented a good talk about the current condition of the US and how we
got  here.

Sunday morning we opened with presentations from Mark Hinkle about his
quest for the National Chair and Party building. His supposed 20 minutes went
into something like 1 hour and 20 minutes with the audience hanging on to
his  every word.
Afterward he took questions about both subjects and one question  was “Why
don’t you exhibit more passion”
His answer was a classic. “I am not  a type A personality. I am a worker, I
know how to do the necessary things and I  get things done, and I do not
quit.”

The rest of the day was work and training sessions. We closed up about 2 PM
 and said our goodby’s.

Attendance was about 45 or 50. The Bay County Party was a good host. Some
may differ but most of us enjoyed ourselves.
This was the first convention  held in the panhandle and there were people
there from panhandle counties of  Bay, Washington and Okaloosa. We were
hoping for more turnout from the panhandle  but we will do better next time we
are in that area.

Sorry you were not there because we had fun, took care of business and
generally enjoyed ourselves.

JOHN WAYNE SMITH
LIBERTARIAN  CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA - 2010
203 W. Magnolia Street, Leesburg,  Florida 34748
Phone 352 787 5550 E Mail _jwsmith42...@aol.com_
(mailto:jwsmith42...@aol.com)
Web Site _http://www.JohnWayne4Gov.com_ (http://www.JohnWayne4Gov.com)

JOIN THE REVOLUTION:  Become A Candidate
Campaign and vote for Florida’s Libertarian  Candidates
Donate to the candidates at  their web sites
John Wayne Smith _Http://www.JohnWayne4gov.com_
(http://www.johnwayne4gov.com/)
and Alex  Snitker _Http://www.snitker2010.com_
(http://www.snitker2010.com/)