The Liberty Dollar raid was preceded by the one on eGold last week.
"Someone" certainly has put a plan in action.

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:07:31 +0200

Another indictment, handed down on October 30, 2007, charges E-Gold Ltd;
Gold  & Silver
Reserve, Inc.; and their owners Dr. Douglas L. Jackson, of  Satellite
Beach, Fla.; Reid A.
Jackson, of Melbourne, Fla.; and Barry K.  Downey, of Woodbine, Md.,
each with one count of
conspiracy to launder  monetary instruments. Subsequent to the
indictment, the Department of
Justice  has seized all physical gold assets stored in Panama until
future  notice.

The case is being investigated by the U.S. Secret Service with  the
assistance of the IRS
and the FBI. The case is being prosecuted by the  U.S.
Attorneyâ€(tm)s Office for the District of
Columbia and the Computer  Crime and Intellectual Property Section of
the Criminal Division.
An  indictment is merely an accusation and the defendants are presumed
innocent  unless and until proven guilty... [ha, ha]

http://www.e-gold.com/news.html
<http://ambiancestudio.com/images/egoldnews59175895175421.html>
FOR  IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2007