Dennis Lee Wilson wrote:
> --- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, "Gary F. York"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > "Ayn Rand had no use for the past. She was going to invent
> > > the world anew."
> > > -- Milton Friedman (_Reason_ Magazine, June 1995)
> > >
> > Good grief; Ayn hung on to 'government' didn't she? With all due
> > respect to Milton, whatever was he thinking?
> >
> *Friedman thinking? Whenever he tried to do that, WE got penalized for
> it with things like withholding taxes.*

I don't agree with all that Milton Friedman said or did; nevertheless, I
respect him immensely.  It seems to me that he has done more than most
(perhaps Ayn Rand beats him out) to popularize the benefits of
voluntarism, individualism, and free-market capitalism not only in this
country but world-wide.  I gotta give the man a huge heap of credit.

Now his son, David is another story.  It's heartbreaking, actually.  I
so want to have an argument with the man but, in all I've read, I've
nothing to do but pick very minor nits.  And I'm above that.  Really.

G.