Minor detail: that wasn't Molyneux.  He didn't make it very clear, but
he was quoting someone else's web site.  They giveaway was the "as a
former Ron Paul 2008 supporter" part.  Stefan Molyneux was not a Ron
Paul 2008 supporter.  In fact he was actively blogging and pod casting
against Ron Paul in particular and political action in general during
the campaign.  Also, if you follow Molyneux at all you'll recognize that
the tone and language of that post was not his.  At the risk of sounding
like a fan boy, Molyneux, for all his florid bombastic style, is
actually much more genteel than that.  He rarely attacks individuals,
mostly limiting himself to refuting their ideas.  Refuting them very
well IMO.

Puck T. Smith

Dennis Lee Wilson wrote:

>         Ron Paul supports pro-war, pro-bailout candidate...
>
> Stefan Molyneux
> <http://freedomainradio.com/BOARD/members/admin/default.aspx> 's
> concluding statements
>
> http://freedomainradio.com/BOARD/forums/p/24121/187218.aspx
> <http://freedomainradio.com/BOARD/forums/p/24121/187218.aspx>
>
> As far as I'm concerned, as a former Ron Paul 2008 supporter, I'm done
> with Paul. I have denounced him publicly on Facebook because of his
> action, which is a straw (more like a hammer) that broke the camel's
> back. It's obvious that Paul is doing this for political expediency, at
> a cost of his past support from his devout pro-Liberty base. So much for
> his principled pro-Liberty political capital that he had been banking
> for well over a decade.
>
> After all the crap involving the old (not to mention
> "brush-under-the-rug") racist newsletter controversy
> <http://letlibertyring.blogspot.com/2009/07/if-ron-paul-didnt-write-them-who-really.html>,
>
> his decision to accept a donation of $500 from neo-Nazi Stormfront
> leader Don Black
> <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/26/pageoneplus/corrections.html?_r=1> at
> one point during his 2008 presidential campaign, his anti-abortion and
> anti-illegal immigration
> <http://sheldonfreeassociation.blogspot.com/2007/12/ron-paul-on-meet-press.html>
>
> records (which show that he's an anti-Liberty zealot on the said
> issues), his son Rand Paul's support for Gitmo
> <http://www.randpaul2010.com/2009/11/rand-paul-try-convict-and-lock-up-terrorists-in-guantanamo/>,
>
> and GOP senatorial candidate Peter Schiff's defense of the preemptive
> war doctrine <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73vVEY8zNCE> that had long
> since been established precedent by previous precedents by past
> presidential administrations (including George W. Bush's), I must wash
> my hands of Ron Paul and the groups that have long since been associated
> with him. For a man who takes this anti-Liberty stance in favor of being
> re-elected because it is just the price we pay for being involved in a
> dirty game called politics is retching and unconscionable.
>
> That also includes all and any organizations and groups that support and
> will continue to support Paul, including the Ludwig von Mises Institute
> <http://www.mises.org/>, Campaign for Liberty, LewRockwell.com
> <http://www.lewrockwell.com/>, the LRC Blog
> <http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog>, the Daily Paul
> <http://www.dailypaul.com/>, etc.
>
> I wonder what Paul's friend Rockwell will say about this latest fall-out
> (not to mention how he'll say it). How is he going to spin this mess in
> Ron's favor? Furthermore, how's he going to defend Paul? If he, Ron, and
> Paul's ardent defenders are worried about the media fallout over this
> revelation and the egg on face that will be splattered all over Ron, his
> congressional campaign, and his entire support base, then perhaps he
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: